Themes we will cover in this one day course on Stress Management include:
- Introductions and personal objectives
- Define stress
- Look at how to build on your current strategies
- Practise a simple mindfulness exercise to create a breathing space in your day
- Understand how to work with your thinking
- Discuss the importance of physical wellbeing and social support
- Learn how to say no
- Look at creating inspiring goals that reflect your values
- Think about how to alleviate stress when it has built up
- Create a personal action plan beyond today
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.Enquire now
If you need help with Stress Management beyond this programme fulfilling your personal action plan, then we also offer 1 to 1 personal coaching which can provide you with an insightful and structured space to discover and develop yourself further in order to achieve even more positive results.
The small print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.