What You Will Learn
- To have an understanding of why some people are “difficult”
- To be able to identify different types of “difficult” behaviour
- To understand their own communication style and how that might contribute to “difficult” situations
- To identify ways to defuse, deflect or deal with situations where people are being difficult
- To be able to state their own position in an assertive, non-confrontational way
- To have identified coping mechanisms for themselves.
- Different styles of difficult behaviour
- Exploring methods to deal with the different styles
- Addressing the problem rather than the personality
- Assessing your own communication style
- Listening skills
- Win/win outcomes
- Looking from the other person’s perspective
- Body language
- Using questioning techniques
- Coping strategies
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.