What You Will Learn
- To understand the responsibilities of the chair
- To be able to plan and lead meetings more effectively
- To be able to assist the meeting in achieving its aims
- To explore ways of getting the best from meetings.
- Preparations for chairing a meeting
- Different styles
- Working with other officers
- Working with the minute-taker
- Forming and managing the agenda
- Problems arising during the meeting
- The main tasks of setting the scene, holding the boundaries and summarising the discussion
- Responsibilities after the meeting, including confirming the minutes
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainer
Kay Worth has been running personal development and parenting courses for over 25 years. She has 4 children, a degree in Psychology and many years experience of working in the voluntary sector. She is committed to promoting positive thinking, confidence building, great communication and positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to relationships both at home and work.