What You Will Learn
- To identify assertive and non‑assertive behaviour
- To analyse their current behaviour patterns
- To deal with conflict constructively
- To learn and practice a range of techniques of assertive communication
- To explore situations where it is difficult to behave assertively, and to develop strategies and skills to handle them more effectively
- Introductions and groundrules
- Course expectations
- How do you communicate?
- Identifying personal and/or work situations that present difficulty
- Recognising assertive and non‑assertive behaviour
- Conflict styles
- Being assertive
- Barriers to assertive behaviour
- Assertive body image
- Communicating more effectively
- Giving and receiving compliments and criticism
- Action plan
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.