Happy London, Aldgate or at your premises.
What You Will Learn
- To develop participants’ confidence in supervising staff by providing a better understanding of the skills needed for effective supervision and giving an opportunity to practice those skills in a safe setting
- To develop participants’ understanding of the role and function of supervision in strengthening the effectiveness of the individual and the organisation they work within
- To draw on participants’ own experience of supervision to highlight any uncertainties and anxieties they may have in order to look at blocks to effective supervision and ways to overcome them.
- What is the purpose of supervision and how does it fit into our organisation?
- Models of supervision
- Drawing on our experience:
blocks to effective supervision
what are the skills of an effective supervisor
- Practising listening skills
- What does the worker want from supervision.
- How do we reconcile conflict between their vision and ours
- Preparing and structuring the supervision session
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Using criticism constructively
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.