Happy London, Aldgate or at your premises.
What You Will Learn
Just two of the benefits of this event
- Creating a culture where people are motivated and eager to come to work. A place where your people are engaged through their heart as well as their head.
- Becoming the sort of inspirational manager that people would choose if they could choose who their manager was.
Here is a summary of the key areas we will cover:
- Recognise what empowers people to work at their best
- Identify the benefits of 1 to 1 and team meetings and the key things you should discuss there
Freedom and trust
- Understand how a framework of job ownership enables people to achieve their full potential
- Identify where accountability should be assigned and why
- Learn the 8 key steps to delegating successfully
Support and value
- Identify the key ways to provide the support your people want and demonstrate you value them
- Learn and practice the 5 key elements of active listening
- Recognise what stops you listening and identify solutions to deal with this
- Understand how to use questions to get the best out of your relationships
- Identify what stops you giving feedback and the impact this can have on others
- Discover how to create an environment that challenges your people and pushes them to reach their full potential
- Learn the key steps to providing constructive and positive feedback clearly and within appropriate timescales
Engage the team
- Identify how to foster a positive and creative culture within your team
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Cathy has been with Happy since March 1995 and shortly after took over the role of Group Managing Director, and is responsible for maintaining Happy's award-winning and celebrated culture. As head of Happy People, she is Lead Facilitator, executive coach, speaker and consultant with the aim of embedding positive behavioural change. Her leadership purpose is to help others to be great at work. She is an inspiration to her staff and clients. Cathy has received recognition through several national awards, including a Special Commendation for Innovative Management in the Best Boss Competition.
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.