What You Will Learn
- To know the principal phases of a project, including definition, planning, implementation and completion.
- To understand project team roles.
- To understand the role and functions of a project manager.
- To use a range of techniques and tools to plan, monitor and control the project.
- To understand a range of project monitoring and evaluation methods.
- To enable you to collect the information and evidence to show how your project has succeeded in meeting its aims and objectives.
- The phases of the project life cycle.
- Managing the critical dimensions of quality, cost and time.
- Involving service-users and other stakeholders.
- Using a range of project management tools including:
- Work breakdown schedules
- Task dependencies
- Gantt charts
- Network diagramming
- Risk analysis
- Skills and responsibility matrices
- Project leadership, team roles and communication.
- Project completion and reporting.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.