What You Will Learn
- To consider your current use of time
- To look at different strategies for managing time
- To consider making more economical use of the time available to us
- To identify pressure points in managing your time
- To practice skills and techniques for dealing with time wasters
- To explore how to deal with competing demands
- Principals of time management
- Identifying your values and priorities
- How to decide what is urgent/not urgent, important/not important
- Barriers to time management
- Assertiveness as a tool of time management
- Working on your preferred strategies for dealing with competing demands
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
The Happy Guarantee
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Janet has a background in psychology and has been working as a freelance trainer since 2004. She joined the team at Happy in 2010.
Kay Worth has been running personal development and parenting courses for over 25 years. She has 4 children, a degree in Psychology and many years experience of working in the voluntary sector. She is committed to promoting positive thinking, confidence building, great communication and positive parenting strategies, and loves to see the difference her courses make to relationships both at home and work.
Frances is a management and communication skills trainer and executive coach, with 30 years experience of working in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Frances has a level 7 certificate in executive coaching and leadership mentoring with the Institute of Leadership and Management and a certificate in training practice with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Frances uses training, coaching and facilitation techniques to create a supportive, empowering and interactive learning environment, enabling participants to develop the skills and confidence they need to maximise their own and their organisation’s potential.