The themes covered in this one-day course on assertiveness include:
- Introductions and personal objectives
- How do you communicate?
- Analysing your current behaviour patterns around assertiveness
- Recognising assertive and non-assertive behaviour
- Conflict styles and dealing with conflict constructively
- Being assertive
- Barriers to assertive behaviour
- Assertive body image
- Communicating more effectively and assertively
- How to say no
- Getting heard in meetings
- Giving and receiving compliments and criticism
- Explore situations where you are struggling to behave assertively and develop strategies to handle them more effectively
- Personal action plan beyond the programme
Our approach to programme delivery
Every programme is designed to ensure complete individual involvement and participation, it will stimulate your thinking and challenge you. The key focus is on practical skills and real outcomes throughout. The content will involve an innovative and engaging blend of activities so that you can directly apply it to your current performance and your future success.
If you need help beyond this programme fulfilling your personal action plan, then we also offer 1 to 1 executive coaching which can provide you with an insightful and structured space to discover and develop yourself further in order to achieve even more positive results.Enquire now
The small print
The course will run from 10am to 4:30pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.