What You Will Learn
- To develop participants’ understanding of the process and methods of training, from assessing need through course design and delivery and evaluation.
- To develop their confidence and competence in delivering group-training sessions.
- What makes “good” training
- Identifying agency needs, trainer’s needs and trainee’s needs and expectations
- Setting objectives
- Training methods and techniques, including demonstration and practice sessions
- The learning process
- Designing a course
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Evaluation of courses
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.