What You Will Learn
- To write grammatical sentences.
- To punctuate properly.
- To have a strategy to improve their spelling.
- To distinguish grammar rules from common myths.
- To know how to structure and layout letters and emails.
- The building blocks.
- Clauses and sentences.
- Commas, colons, semi-colons, stops, apostrophes.
- Spelling and commonly confused words.
- Common myths: And, But and splitting your infinitives.
- Capital fun.
- Structure and format of letters and emails.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainer
Paul Gapper is a Masters qualified trainer with experience in interpersonal skills, work skills and management training. He has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors for over fifteen years. Paul has a Distinction in the Institute of Personnel Development Training Certificate and the teacher-training certificate for Mindfulness-Based Approaches from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre.