What You Will Learn
The course will enable participants to:
- To enable participants to set clear objectives for their presentation
- To enable participants to choose and apply the appropriate structure, style and strategy to plan and deliver their presentation
- To enable participants to understand and utilise a range of skills and techniques to make their presentation more effective
- To enable participants to deliver a presentation clearly and competently
- The basics of good presentation
what is a presentation?
what makes a good presentation?
- How to structure an effective presentation
- Different styles of presentation
- Handling nerves
- Relating to the audience
- Dealing with questions
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Preparing and presenting a short presentation
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainers
Janet has a background in psychology and has been working as a freelance trainer since 2004. She joined the team at Happy in 2010.
Frances is a management and communication skills trainer and executive coach, with 30 years experience of working in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Frances has a level 7 certificate in executive coaching and leadership mentoring with the Institute of Leadership and Management and a certificate in training practice with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Frances uses training, coaching and facilitation techniques to create a supportive, empowering and interactive learning environment, enabling participants to develop the skills and confidence they need to maximise their own and their organisation’s potential.