Delegates must have used PowerPoint before and be familiar with creating and printing a basic presentation, adding and editing text, applying a design template to the existing presentation. This course is suitable for users of PowerPoint 2013 and 2016.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create a visually exciting and stimulating PowerPoint presentation for your audience.
- Make global changes to your presentation using master slides.
- Create your own layouts to speed up the creation of presentations.
- Apply corporate colours and logos to your slides.
- Apply custom animation, including animating SmartArt and Charts.
- Use hyperlinks and hot spots to make your presentations interactive.
- Insert or link to video or audio clips, and decide which suits your needs best.
- Embed videos or YouTube clips in your presentation.
- Alter the way your sound and video plays back – including trimming, bookmarking, looping and splitting clips across slides.
- Troubleshoot when the clip doesn’t work in your presentation or with your computer set up. Look at compatibility across versions of PowerPoint. Possible fixes for poor playback quality.
- Set up Custom Shows so that one presentation can be adjusted and used for multiple audiences.
- Use Presenter View to stay ahead of your audience.
- Turn your presentation into a movie which can be sent and played independently of PowerPoint.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Ed has been an IT trainer with Happy for nearly 11 years. His favourite package is Excel - which he trains to advanced level. He is also the new IT Helpline Manager (when he's not training).
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.