Delegates must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Understand what VBA is
- Create macros to automate tasks, as well as understand their limits
- Manipulate the values in your spreadsheet
- Declare variables, and manipulate them
- Write code which looks at a condition and carries out different actions accordingly
- Write functions, frequently used pieces of code
- Understand the Excel object model, and make use of its properties, methods and events
- Trap errors, to avoid users seeing problems and find problems in your code
- Write code which repeats an action a specified number of times
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainer
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.