Delegates must be experienced Excel users who understand the difference between relative and absolute cell referencing. The course is aimed at those who have extensive experience of using Excel and are familiar with using worksheet functions, using multiple arguments and nesting functions. Experience of recording basic macros is essential.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Record relative and absolute macros.
- Run macros from buttons and shortcut keys.
- Edit macros in the VBA Window.
- Make macros more flexible by adding user prompts.
- Create VBA code to split up text strings.
- Loop macros using VBA.
- Create macros that run other macros.
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainer
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.