Learners should be confident creating basic IF functions and Pivot Tables as well as simple bar charts.
This course is designed for Excel 2007 and 2010 and is trained in Excel 2010. It is also available for users of Excel 2016 and Excel 2013 – please ensure you attend the course that is appropriate for your version of Excel.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create Partial Absolute Cell References to lock just the Column or just the Row reference in a formula
- Move around a spreadsheet speedily using range names and use them in formula to improve accuracy and readability
- Accurate data entry by using Data Validation. e.g. a dropdown list to choose from to avoid errors
- Use the table tools and calculate within a table
- Advanced Conditional Formatting – using ‘If Formula Is’ to format cells other than the one that contains the value you are testing
- Create calculations based on single or multiple conditions. For example, calculate a discount for those over a specific age or ordering a high volume (IF with AND and OR)
- Use ISERROR and ISNA to tidy up your results
- Cross reference data using an Hlookup or Vlookup function. For example, look up a National Insurance Number to find other personal details from another sheet or book
- Use Formula Auditing tools to check for errors and make nested formulas easier to fix
- Create charts that include a secondary axis and trendlines
- Create Pivot Charts
- Create macros to automate your work and assign it to a toolbar button to make it easier to use
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Ed has been an IT trainer with Happy for nearly 11 years. His favourite package is Excel - which he trains to advanced level. He is also the new IT Helpline Manager (when he's not training).
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.