Learners should be confident creating basic IF functions and Pivot Tables as well as simple bar charts.
This course is designed for Excel 2007 and 2010 and is trained in Excel 2010. It is also available for users of Excel 2016 and Excel 2013 – please ensure you attend the course that is appropriate for your version of Excel.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create Partial Absolute Cell References to lock just the Column or just the Row reference in a formula
- Move around a spreadsheet speedily using range names and use them in formula to improve accuracy and readability
- Accurate data entry by using Data Validation. e.g. a dropdown list to choose from to avoid errors
- Use the table tools and calculate within a table
- Advanced Conditional Formatting – using ‘If Formula Is’ to format cells other than the one that contains the value you are testing
- Create calculations based on single or multiple conditions. For example, calculate a discount for those over a specific age or ordering a high volume (IF with AND and OR)
- Use ISERROR and ISNA to tidy up your results
- Cross reference data using an Hlookup or Vlookup function. For example, look up a National Insurance Number to find other personal details from another sheet or book
- Use Formula Auditing tools to check for errors and make nested formulas easier to fix
- Create charts that include a secondary axis and trendlines
- Create Pivot Charts
- Create macros to automate your work and assign it to a toolbar button to make it easier to use
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at happy for almost 2 years.
Paul trains on Microsoft products both on the Mac and PC platforms including VBA. Paul has trained with Happy since "the dawn of MS-DOS when formulas ruled the earth."
Kristina is an associate IT Trainer, she’s been training for 8 years and working for Happy since 2015. She provides training mainly on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Her favourite package is Excel; she loves to show people shortcuts and quicker ways of working.
Kevin has been an IT Trainer for over 20 years, and is a charismatic and enthusiastic training specialist who brings energy and passion to his training courses. He always looks to engage with his learners with the view to making their learning experience as effective and enjoyable as possible.