Learners must be confident using a mouse and keyboard
This course is designed for PC users of Excel 2013 and 2016. It is also available for users of Excel 2007/2010 – please ensure you attend the course that is appropriate for your version of Excel.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create, save, close, open and print spreadsheets
- Insert and delete rows or columns in your spreadsheet
- Get Excel to add up numbers automatically
- Copy formulae in your spreadsheet whilst keeping one of the cell references constant
- Sort large databases into order and filter to show only the data you need
- Alter the look of the numbers and text, add comments, lay out text with merged cells and wrapped text, use cell styles, change the layout for printing.
- Visually represent numbers and text (as a chart) in your spreadsheet, to make them stand out and easy to understand
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainers
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.
Sal trains most MS Office packages. Her real love is in transferring knowledge by making her training sessions fun and more impactful. She is Happy’s Outlook Champion and ensures Outlook courses and training material are updated regularly with new features. Sal has been at happy for almost 2 years.