Learners must be confident using a mouse and keyboard
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create, save, close, open and print spreadsheets
- Insert and delete rows or columns in your spreadsheet
- Get Excel to add up numbers automatically
- Copy formulae in your spreadsheet whilst keeping one of the cell references constant
- Sort large databases into order and filter to show only the data you need
- Alter the look of the numbers and text, add comments, lay out text with merged cells and wrapped text, use cell styles, change the layout for printing.
- Visually represent numbers and text (as a chart) in your spreadsheet, to make them stand out and easy to understand
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Ed has been an IT trainer with Happy for nearly 11 years. His favourite package is Excel - which he trains to advanced level. He is also the new IT Helpline Manager (when he's not training).
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.