Learners must be experienced in using Excel, specifically working with multiple worksheets, sorting and filtering and writing basic formulas and functions such as AVERAGE, COUNTIF, SUM etc.
We recommend that you take our Excel Core Level 2 course first to ensure you have the skills required for this course, though this is not a requirement – available for Excel 2013/2016 and Excel 2007/2010.
This is an intensive course, and will only suit those learners who learn at a fast pace. More reflective learners may be better served by one of our standard courses.
What You Will Learn
In this intensive course, you will learn how to condense, summarise, group and display large amounts of data. Using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to create dashboards that more effectively communicate the “story” behind your data.
In particular, you will be able to:
- Manipulate your Pivot Table, such as rearranging the layout, adding and removing fields, grouping data
- Change the look of your Pivot Table, display subtotals, add or remove Pivot Table elements
- Use a range name to make updating your data easier
- Change the way data is summarised and displayed, calculate new data within the Pivot Table
- Use the GETPIVOTDATA function to create summary data from large Pivot Tables
- Create Pivot Charts
- Arrange your Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts into a user-friendly dashboard
- Add interactive tools such as slicers and timelines
Intensive Courses from Happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
Your Course Trainer
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.