Learners must be confident with creating formulas across worksheets, Autofilling them through rows or columns and using Absolute Cell References (e.g. $B$4). Learners will also need to be confident with basic Functions such as COUNT, AVERAGE, IF and simple range names. We highly recommend that participants consider joining our core level 2 course prior to attending this course if they are not already completely confident with any of the above.
This course will only suit those learners who learn at a fast pace, more reflective learners may be better served by our standard courses.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Set out your data, and create charts, to provide the clearest possible picture of the meaning of the information.
- Use conditional formatting to highlight and quickly identify the variety in results, the top 10, the top 10% and so on.
- Use conditional formatting for traffic light colour coding – creating RAG highlighting (Red Amber Green).
- Quickly identify the key trends in the data using Pivot Tables.
- Use filters, group selection and value field settings in Pivot Tables to quickly produce detailed analysis.
- Use Slicers to filter the results of many pivot tables.
- Example: Set up quarterly analysis of thousands of records in under a minute.
- Solve the most common issues with importing data from large databases or other sources.
- Automate the spread-sheet so updates only require a cut-and-paste.
- Create inter-active dashboards to display key information.
- Use drop-down menus to enable others to extract information.
- Add validation and criteria analysis.
- Use data analysis functions to extract summary information.
Intensive Courses from Happy
Intensive courses have been created specifically for those who need to learn a great deal of content at a faster pace. Each one is focused on increasing your productivity, and building a substantial expertise in just a single day. These courses will be longer, faster and more intensive than a standard classroom course. If you can keep up, the rewards will definitely be worth the effort.
The course runs 9:30am to 5:15pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9:15am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 20 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Nicky has been a senior facilitator for over 16 years. Her leadership purpose is to support people to reach their full potential, and this has driven her internally as part of Happy’s senior leadership team. It has enabled her, through her work every day with clients, to facilitate senior leadership programmes and personal development events. Nicky also has a proven track record at leading on large projects and inspiring others as a speaker at conferences.