Happy London, Aldgate or at your premises.
Delegates must be confident in using Windows and a mouse and at least one other Windows package (for example Word or Excel) and must also have some working experience of Access.
This course is designed for PC users of Access 2007 and 2010. It is also available for users of Access 2013/2016 – please ensure you attend the course that is appropriate for your version of Access.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create queries that prompt you for specific information. For example, set one up to ask ‘Which department do you want to see?’
- Create queries that group information together and then count the number in that group
- Add up numerical information and create statistical analysis of this
- Import information from an Excel spreadsheet into a table
- Create queries to delete, update and add information in a table
- Create a report with calculations
- Improve the layout of your reports. For example, changing and adding standard text, aligning and formatting information
- Create a report with a running total. For example, show how much you have spent on training after each course attended is added
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainers
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.
Rachael is the Happy Computers Product Development Manager, as well as being our lead IT trainer. She is responsible for making sure all our courses are of the highest quality.
Paul trains on Microsoft products both on the Mac and PC platforms including VBA. Paul has trained with Happy since "the dawn of MS-DOS when formulas ruled the earth."
Kristina is an associate IT Trainer, she’s been training for 8 years and working for Happy since 2015. She provides training mainly on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Her favourite package is Excel; she loves to show people shortcuts and quicker ways of working.