Students should be confident in creating and saving documents in Office as well as using Outlook (or similar email programme).
What You Will Learn
This one day course is designed for anyone who would like an overview of what G Suite (formally Google Apps for Business) can offer, or who is familiar with Microsoft Office but is moving over to G Suite.
We can tailor and customise the session if required, if you feel that some areas are less relevant to your needs or if there are other areas you’d like to cover, such as Google Hangouts, Communities and Forms.
Session One: Getting Started
- Accessing your apps and signing in
- The Docs Editor home screen
- Saving documents to Google Drive
- Accessing documents saved to Google Drive
- Using folders
- Searching files and folders
Session Two: Google Docs
- Creating a Google Docs document
- Editing and formatting documents
- Uploading an existing Word document
- Find and replace
- If there’s time: Using Styles, sharing and collaborating, emailing a document as an attachment
Session Three: Google Sheets
- Creating a Google Sheets document
- Uploading an existing Microsoft Excel document
- Laying out and editing a spreadsheet
- If there’s time: Formulas in Google Sheets
Session Four: Gmail and Calendar
- Sending and receiving emails
- Adding attachments to emails
- Adding and updating email signatures
- Setting up an Out of Office auto reply
- Creating a Calendar appointment
- If there’s time: Inviting people to a meeting, creating a new Calendar, recurring events
The course is flexible depending on your level of experience and your needs. Your trainer will work with you to confirm your objectives, decide on priorities and they will train as much of the content as you need and as is comfortable in the day. Four sessions will typically take a full day of training to complete.
A full day of training runs from 10:00 to 16:45, and can be held here at Happy in Aldgate (with a hot buffet lunch served from 13:00 – 13:45) or at your workplace – whichever is most convenient for you.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Ed has been an IT trainer with Happy for nearly 11 years. His favourite package is Excel - which he trains to advanced level. He is also the new IT Helpline Manager (when he's not training).