Students should be confident in creating and saving documents in Office as well as using Outlook (or similar email programme).
What You Will Learn
This one day course is designed for anyone who would like an overview of what G Suite (formally Google Apps for Business) can offer, or who is familiar with Microsoft Office but is moving over to G Suite.
Session One: Getting Started
- Accessing your apps and signing in
- The Docs Editor home screen
- Saving documents to Google Drive
- Accessing documents saved to Google Drive
- Using folders
- Searching files and folders
Session Two: Google Docs
- Creating a Google Docs document
- Editing and formatting documents
- Uploading an existing Word document
- Find and replace
- If there’s time: Using Styles, sharing and collaborating, emailing a document as an attachment
Session Three: Google Sheets
- Creating a Google Sheets document
- Uploading an existing Microsoft Excel document
- Laying out and editing a spreadsheet
- If there’s time: Formulas in Google Sheets
Session Four: Gmail and Calendar
- Sending and receiving emails
- Adding attachments to emails
- Adding and updating email signatures
- Setting up an Out of Office auto reply
- Creating a Calendar appointment
- If there’s time: Inviting people to a meeting, creating a new Calendar, recurring events
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Your Course Trainers
Darren manages the IT helpline, as well as training almost every IT course on the Happy computers programme. He has been with Happy for nearly 9 years.
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.