Happy London, Aldgate or at your premises.
Learners must have used Excel before and be familiar with creating basic formulas, Autofilling them through rows or columns and using Absolute Cell References (e.g. $B$4) to refer to fixed figures – like VAT or performance targets – that apply to everyone in a list.
Learners must also be fluent in British Sign Language (BSL) – Hearing learners should attend our standard Excel 2013/2016 Core Level 2 course.
What You Will Learn
In particular you will be able to:
- Create formulas using time, time formats
- Manually create a range name to refer to a cell, for example ‘Vat’ rather than B2
- Paste special, Copy part of your Excel spreadsheet to a Word document and have any changes made in Excel updated in the Word document
- Use functions such as average, minimum and maximum to create statistical information
- Use Conditional Formatting to automatically change the look of cells depending on their value
- Create a calculation based on a condition. e.g. add a £10 bonus to all staff who have achieved results above target
- Count entries IF they meet a condition. e.g. count the number of customers who live in Leeds
- Create and work on more than one worksheet and group them to make changes simultaneously
- Use the Consolidate feature to summarise multiple sheets of data. Link formulas across Worksheets
- Protect your data from deletions or changes
- Create a basic Pivot Table to summarise large sets of data easily
The course will run from 10am to 4:45pm (light cold buffet 1pm to 1:45pm). Please be careful to arrive by 9.45am for registration and refreshments. The course will start precisely on time and it may not be possible to go back over material missed by late arrivals. If you arrive over 30 minutes late you may be asked to leave and attend another day.
Please ensure you read our Terms and Conditions before booking for our payment terms and cancellation policy.
THE HAPPY GUARANTEE
We want everyone to go away from our courses feeling as though they have learnt useful, practical skills that they can use straight away when they go back to work.
If you don’t feel that your training has been useful or if you are unhappy in any way, please just get in touch with our Customer Services team within 30 days of the course. We will be happy to offer you additional support and training free of charge to help you to gain the skills you need, or if you’d prefer, a full refund.
Your Course Trainer
Ed is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and has worked at Happy for over 12 years. Although he trains the full suite of MS Office and non-Office packages at all levels, his favourite package is Excel. A previous winner of the prestigious Learning and Performance Institute's 'Learning Professional of the Year' award, as well as other training accolades, he is also the IT Helpline Manager.